Legal Guidance For Custody Modifications

The one thing that is certain in life is that it is always subject to change. When it does, it may be necessary to change the terms of a child custody order. At the Riverside-based Law Offices of Linda J. Claypool, our attorney can help parents to modify their child custody and visitation orders. To schedule an initial consultation, call us at 951-787-8700.

When Are Changes To Custody And Visitation Necessary?

It may be necessary to seek a custody or visitation modification for any number of reasons. In cases where a divorce was finalized without the assistance of an attorney, the orders pertaining to child custody and parenting time may be unfair. A modification order can help fix this imbalance. A substantial change in a parent's life may also require a custody modification. A "substantial change" can mean the loss of a job or a situation where a parent needs or wishes to relocate out-of-state.

Whether you are desiring a change to a custody order or if your ex is the one pushing for a change, we can help protect your interests and the interests of your children. It is important to keep in mind that any modifications to an existing order must be approved by the court. If a parent attempts to make a change without court approval, you may have recourse through the courts. It is important to seek legal advice without delay, as waiting can be construed by the court as your agreement to what is happening, and it may become very difficult to fix if too much time passes before taking action.

Contact Our Lawyer For Help With Custody Concerns In California

We provide comprehensive legal counsel for all matters involving child custody. For help exploring your options, call us at 951-787-8700. You may also contact us online.